Friday, August 18, 2006

New Songs Needed

There have been reports in the Evening Times that HMV and Virgin have banned a CD of Rangers songs called ‘The Ultimate Supporters Album – Rangers Anthems'

Apparently somebody complained that the CD had lots of bigoted and sectarian songs on it. I haven't heard the CD so I can't comment but I guess if the shops got rid of it there must have been something on it.

I still think that they should sings songs like the one I suggested the other day. Use the same tunes but with better words.

I don't think this CD was a real Rangers CD, but one done by some fans because there is a quote from one of the shops saying, “Rangers contacted us to say that the album wasn't endorsed by them. We contacted our stores and told them to take it off the shelves immediately. We have deleted it from our system so that it can't be ordered either.” and another saying “Our legal team advised us to withdraw the CD after instructions from Rangers Football Club. It's no longer available to order from us.”

If Rangers can find the fans that made the CD then maybe they could teach them some new songs and get them to make a new CD. I would be happy to teach them my new words for songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home